Immerse Yourself in Alaska With Your Own Private Guide and Group!
bove & Beyond Alaska has been specializing in high quality, private, small group adventures for almost 20 years! Private Wilderness Trips are the ideal way to keep your distance, explore Alaska, and engage only with your dedicated guide and group members. These adventures are perfect for individuals, couples, families, or groups seeking an exclusive and intimate wilderness experience away from the crowds. Maximum private group size, minimum age, and physical activity levels vary based on tour type.
Private Wilderness Trips include van transportation, dedicated Alaska tour guides and boat captains, healthy snacks, a souvenir water bottle, expert instruction, and top of the line gear. Private wilderness trip itineraries can be customized to meet most client needs and goals.
From ocean to ice, Above and Beyond Alaska is thrilled to be a part of your next adventure!
Whatever your interests and time constraints, we are happy to assist. Just ask and we will do our absolute best to deliver!
Private Glacier Trekking and Hiking Adventures
- Private Canoe Paddle & Trek – Canoe across a glacial lake to the toe of the world-renowned Mendenhall Glacier. At the face of the glacier, your group will trek along the edge of the glacier on this lake shore excursion. Explore an array of glacier features, enjoy the spectacular mountain views, and experience the natural history of the area. Duration: 6 hours // Activity Level: Moderately Strenuous // For more information and to book click here.
- Private Mendenhall Glacier Trek – This active hiking and glacier trekking adventure is perfect for groups seeking an ‘off the beaten path’ experience. The adventure begins with a 4.5-mile hike through the Tongass National Forest to the face of the Mendenhall Glacier. From here, your private group will hike along the edge of the glacier. Explore an array of glacial features, enjoy the spectacular mountain views, and experience the natural history of the area. Duration: 8 hours // Activity Level: Strenuous // For more information and to book click here.
- Private West Glacier Trail Hike – Our 5-hour adventure hike features an intimate stroll through the Tongass National Forest to breathtaking views of Alaska’s most famous glacier. Your private guide will lead your group 3.5 miles through flat trail sections and rocky switchbacks, until you reach the first of three big vista overlooks on this. Get your cameras ready for this sightseeing tour to capture the perfect panoramic photo of the world-renowned Mendenhall Glacier and surrounding mountain peaks! *This trip does not explore the edge of the glacier.* For more information and to book please call our office at 907-364-2333 or email at email@example.com.
Private Sea Kayaking Adventures
- Private Paddle with Whales Charter – Our 6 hour wildlife motorboat charter and kayaking adventure is designed for Alaska private touring groups seeking an active and intimate wildlife experience. Board our 6-passenger motorboat and cruise to the prime whale and wildlife viewing locations. Upon arrival in the Channel Islands, your group will explore the remote waters of the Inside Passage and spot wildlife via kayak, surrounded by sweeping mountain and glacier views. To book, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907)364-2333. For more information click here.
- Private Auke Bay Sea Kayaking Tour – This 3 hour sea kayaking adventure is perfect for families and beginner kayakers! Paddle the coastal waterways of Auke Bay to uninhabited islands and enjoy incredible ocean, mountain, and wildlife views. To book, please contact our office for one of our favorite Alaska private trips at email@example.com or (907)364-2333. For more information click here.
World Renowned Bear Viewing
Fortress of the Bears Kayak Adventure
This 8 hour tour begins with a scenic floatplane ride to Admiralty Island, home to the highest concentration of brown bears in the world! Upon arrival to the island, private groups will enjoy the pristine wilderness, surrounded by majestic mountains in Pack Creek Bear Viewing Sanctuary. This intimate, unparalleled bear viewing adventure is perfect for small groups. All tours are facilitated by professional guides and conducted in strict adherence to US Forest Service safety protocol.
Talk to an Expert
Please contact us if you would like to request a quote on a custom trip or need trip planning assistance. We are always excited to help plan the ultimate wilderness experience!