Kayak in the heart of Humpback Whale Feeding Grounds
on this Exclusive Tour
Kayak, Wildlife Viewing, Sightseeing, Boat Ride
Active Eco-Kayak Adventure
$419 per person + tax
Easy to Moderate
Meet at "C" Sign by the Mount Roberts Tramway
Experience The Trip
Board our 6-passenger motorboat and travel up the Inside Passage to the richest humpback whale feeding ground and one of best places to kayak in Alaska! As we cruise to the Channel Islands State Marine Park, our seasoned captain will facilitate wildlife viewing in this rich and diverse ecosystem.
Home to humpback whales, orcas, steller sea lions, porpoises, an array of bird species, and seals, the Channel Islands is a fantastic habitat for spotting multitudes of marine life! Your kayak guide and boat captain will facilitate this active natural history adventure while sharing their local knowledge of the area and seeking out the best wildlife viewing opportunities.
e’ll land on a remote beach where your guide will introduce you to your kayaks and provide basic introduction. Moments later, we’ll glide across the sea in double kayaks on a quest for a more intimate wildlife viewing opportunity, as snow-capped peaks and flowing glaciers dominate the distant landscape.
Suitable for all experience levels, this active eco-adventure offers a unique opportunity to experience the majestic land and seascape, and wildlife of Southeast Alaska from a different perspective.
The Trip Itinerary
About 6 hours – approximate itinerary is below
Pick up for Downtown
Van Transportation to harbor for gear outfitting and to board motorboat
Scenic Wildlife and Whale Watching Cruise
Board our 6-passenger cabin cruiser and head to the Channel Islands State Marine Park
Land on a remote island, have a snack, and launch your kayak!
Explore Humpback whale feeding grounds in tandem kayaks.
**Actual kayak time time is dependent on marine conditions, wildlife location, and client ability
Cruise Back to the Harbor
Keep your eyes open for sea lions, seals, eagles, and whales!
De-Gear and Transport back Downtown
Thanks joining us!
Client Pickup Information
Located at the base of the Mt. Roberts Tramway, the C-Sign is ABAK’s primary downtown meeting location for cruise passengers and clients staying in the downtown area.
Clients arriving at AJ Dock:
Clients who dock at the AJ Dock within 30 minutes of the ABAK pick-up time will be picked up directly from AJ DOCK.
Clients Staying Locally:
Clients can be picked up from any major hotel in the Mendenhall Valley.
Clients staying at major hotels in the Downtown area will meet at our Downtown meeting location.
ABAK is unable to provide pick-up in residential neighborhoods. Clients staying at private residences, Air BnB’s, VRBO’s, or have own transportation please contact our office for meeting location information at 907-364-2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$419 per person + 5% sales tax = $439.95 per person
Private Tour: $2,514.00 + 5% sales tax = $2,639.70 (can include 1 – 6 guests)
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 6
Minimum Age Public Tour: 8 years old
Minimum Age Private Tour: 7 years old
Children must be able to swim and confidently paddle a double kayak with an adult.
Included In The Price
- Professional guides and boat captain
- Roundtrip van transportation & water taxi
- State Marine Park permits
- Double Kayaks, Paddling Gear, and Dry Bags
- Rain gear (hooded jacket, rubber boots and pants)
- Hearty Snacks feature local ingredients and bottled water
Not Included In Price
- Hot shower at the end of the day. But you can book your stay with us.
- Professional Photography
- Gratuity for your Guide: If you feel that your guide went Above and Beyond to facilitate an exceptional experience, a gratuity is a welcomed way to show your appreciation.
- We do not guarantee whale or wildlife sightings: This is wild Alaska! Federal regulations require us to maintain a distance of 100 yards from any marine mammal.
- Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Participants must be able to confidently paddle tandem kayaks for up to 2 hours.
- Due to inherent risks involved in this type of tour, pregnant guests are not permitted to participate.
- If you have a private trip booked, you are welcome to bring your own beverages in a small cooler on board the motorboat. However, no alcoholic beverages are permitted on the boat nor during the trip
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – it is very important to dress to get wet.
- Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that might introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip.
- Every participant must sign a Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk Form at the start of the trip. Alterations and/or deletions to the form are not permitted.
- Due to various fitness abilities and weather variables, we prefer clients not schedule other excursions directly before or after our trip. Please let us know if your clients have another excursion booked on the same day.
Private Departures: Private tours are available by contacting the office.
Departure Times: Please click on the Book Your Trip tab for updated departure times
Dates of Operation: May 1st – Sept. 30th, 2023
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 6
Minimum Age: 8 years old – public tour, 7 years old – private tour. Children must be able to confidently paddle a tandum kayak with an adult.
Activity Level: Moderate
- Name of client(s)
- Cell phone contact number of client
- Desired trip date and departure time
- Name of cruise ship or hotel
- Clients’ ages, especially anyone under the age of 18
- Rain gear & shoe sizes (please specify male or female)
- Any pertinent medical issues, allergies or dietary restrictions
- Primary language spoken, if other than English