Kayak in the heart of Humpback Whale Feeding Grounds
on this Exclusive Tour
Kayak, Wildlife Viewing, Sightseeing, Boat Ride
Active Eco-Kayak Adventure
$389 per person + tax
Easy to Moderate
Meet at Main Office for tour transport
Experience The Trip
Board our 6-passenger motorboat and travel up the Inside Passage to the richest humpback whale feeding ground in Alaska! As we cruise to the Channel Islands State Marine Park, our seasoned captain will facilitate wildlife viewing in this rich and diverse ecosystem.
Home to humpback whales, orcas, sea lions, porpoises, an array of bird species, and seals, the Channel Islands is a fantastic habitat for spotting multitudes of marine life! Your kayak guide and boat captain will facilitate this active natural history adventure while sharing their local knowledge of the area and seeking out the best wildlife viewing opportunities. Enjoy snacks featuring local Juneau food on-board our boat throughout your adventure!
e’ll land on a remote beach where your guide will introduce you to your kayaks and provide basic introduction. Moments later, we’ll glide across the sea in double kayaks on a quest for a more intimate wildlife viewing opportunity, as snow-capped peaks and flowing glaciers dominate the distant landscape.
Suitable for all experience levels, this active eco-adventure offers a unique opportunity to experience the majestic land and seascape, and wildlife of Southeast Alaska from a different perspective.
The Trip Itinerary
About 6 hours – approximate itinerary is below
Meet at Main Office
Van Transportation to Trailhead
Scenic Wildlife and Whale Watching Cruise
Board our 6-passenger cabin cruiser and head to the Channel Islands State Marine Park
Land on a remote island, have a snack, and launch your kayak!
Explore Humpback whale feeding grounds in tandem kayaks
Cruise Back to the Harbor
Keep your eyes open for sea lions, seals, eagles, and whales!
Return to ABAK
Thanks joining us!
Client Pickup Information
In accordance with our COVID-19 mitigation policy, all 2021 guided trips will meet at our main office location at their scheduled tour start time for outfitting and transportation to/from tour site. Please contact our office for meeting location details, parking, and information.
Our centralized downtown meeting location is the “C” Sign, located directly between the base of the Mount Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building near the cruise ship terminal. All clients cruising into Juneau will be picked up at this location.
Clients arriving at AJ Dock:
Clients on cruise ships docking at the AJ Dock with 30 minutes or less between their ship’s arrival time and ABAK’s trip departure time will be picked up directly from the pier at AJ Dock.
Clients Staying Locally:
Clients staying at major hotels in the Mendenhall Valley, Downtown, or Airbnb and VRBO please contact us at 907-364-2333 for details on where to meet.
$389 per person + 5% sales tax = $408.45 per person
Private Tour: $1999.00 + 5% sales tax = $2,098.95 (can include 1 – 6 guests)
Group Size: Minimum of 3, Maximum of 6
Minimum Age Public Tour: 8 years old
Minimum Age Private Tour: 7 years old
Children must be able to swim and confidently paddle a double kayak with an adult.
Included In The Price
- Professional guides and boat captain
- Roundtrip van transportation & water taxi
- State Marine Park permits
- Double Kayaks, Paddling Gear, and Dry Bags
- Rain gear (hooded jacket, rubber boots and pants)
- Hearty Snacks feature local ingredients and bottled water
Not Included In Price
- Hot shower at the end of the day. But you can book your stay with us.
- Professional Photography
- Gratuity for your Guide: If you feel that your guide went Above and Beyond to facilitate an exceptional experience, a gratuity is a welcomed way to show your appreciation.
- We do not guarantee whale or wildlife sightings: This is wild Alaska! Federal regulations require us to maintain a distance of 100 yards from any marine mammal.
- Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Participants must be able to confidently paddle tandem kayaks for up to 2 hours.
- Due to inherent risks involved in this type of tour, pregnant guests are not permitted to participate.
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – it is very important to dress to get wet.
- Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that might introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip.
- Every participant must sign a Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk Form at the start of the trip. Alterations and/or deletions to the form are not permitted.
- Due to various fitness abilities and weather variables, we prefer clients not schedule other excursions directly before or after our trip. Please let us know if your clients have another excursion booked on the same day.
Private Departures: Private tours are available by contacting the office.
Departure Times: Please click on the Book Your Trip tab for updated departure times
Dates of Operation: May 1st – Sept. 30th 2021
*Due to diminishing daylight hours in September, only morning departures will be offered after August 15th
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 6
Minimum Age: 8 years old. Children must be able to confidently paddle a tandum kayak with an adult.
Activity Level: Moderate
- Name of client(s)
- Cell phone contact number of client
- Desired trip date and departure time
- Name of cruise ship or hotel
- Clients’ ages, especially anyone under the age of 18
- Rain gear & shoe sizes (please specify male or female)
- Any pertinent medical issues, allergies or dietary restrictions
- Primary language spoken, if other than English