Create your own Custom Alaskan Adventure with help from ABAK!
At Above and Beyond Alaska we specialize in arranging private, custom trips for individuals, couples, families, or groups visiting Juneau. We have the perfect combination of experienced staff, appropriate equipment, and access to boats, planes or helicopters that allows us to safely guide you in any of Southeast Alaska’s environments from the snow covered ice field to the coastal waters.
Whatever your interests and time constraints, we are happy to assist. Just ask and we will do our absolute best to deliver!
Past Custom Trip Examples
- Helicopter Glacier Mountaineering – A full day of trekking, ice climbing, and exploring on the Herbert, Mendenhall, or Lemon Glaciers
- Endicott Arm Kayak Expedition – 3-5 day kayak adventures in remote Endicott Arm Fjord
- Ford’s Terror Kayak Expedition – 4 day kayaking trip exploring what John Muir described as the “Yosemite of the north.”
Extended Kayak Journeys
- Glacier Camping/Sea Kayak Camp Combo Trip – 5 days – A large group of 14-16 year old’s with a couple of chaperones hiked out to the Mendenhall Glacier and spent a day climbing and a night warm in their sleeping bags on the ice, then followed it up with a 3 day-2 night stay on Benjamin Island sea circumnavigating the island while watching humpback whales, sea lions, seals, and birds
- Idaho Inlet and the Inian Islands – 4 days – Explore the wilderness of Chichagof Island, Icy Strait and Cross Sound. Rugged islands, humpback feeding grounds, kelp beds home to sea otters, brown bears, and a sea lion haul out combine to make this a unique and memorable experience.
World Renowned Bears
- Admiralty Island/Pack Creek/Tracy Arm/Lincoln Island Expedition – 7 days – A water taxi assisted photographers trip for Alaska’s big three: brown bears salmon fishing, calving glaciers, and breaching humpback whales
- Admiralty Island Kayak Expedition – 5 day round-trip kayak from Oliver’s Inlet across a tramway to Seymour Canal and up to the brown bears at Pack Creek
- Extended Admiralty Island Camp – 4 days – From a basecamp at Staunch Point near Pack Creek this group sea kayaked to various locations in the area to photograph brown bears, view marine wildlife, and hike in Admiralty Islands old growth forest.
Talk to an Expert
Please contact us if you would like to request a quote on a custom trip or need trip planning assistance. We are always excited to help plan the ultimate wilderness experience!