Most adventurer’s are seeking the fun and the thrill of their excursion! And while that is understandable, it’s important to consider your safety during the adventure as well. Apart from the fun and memorable experience you are seeking, your safety should always be the first. This doesn’t mean you should be worried about every bit of the trip and how you are going to keep yourself safe during the adventure, rather it’s a call to prepare yourself for every aspect of your trip.
Whether you are going on a glacier trek, river rafting, rock climbing, undersea diving, or any other adventurous activities, you must ensure that you follow the appropriate safety measures. Only then will you be able to experience the pleasure of such a one-of-a-kind event!
Why We Adventure Safely
People go on excursions and adventurous trips for different reasons. Some go with an open mind and are willing to learn new things and explore their environment, while others go with the purpose of participating in a type of exciting activity. Whatever may be your reason, going on an adventurous trip requires certain clothing to be worn, baggage to be prepped, and safety measures to keep you healthy!
Without sufficient safeguards, such an exciting event might turn into a bummer, as adventure sports are connected with safety concerns for everyone. To actively combat this, it’s a good idea to double-check the following basic points before embarking on your exciting journey.
- Prepare Your Mind: The first and most important step is to get into the right state of mind. You should be excited about the adventure trip that you are about to try from the inside out. It is never a good idea to go on an excursion if your mind isn’t into the activity.
- Do Research on the Trip: Spend a few days before your adventure trip researching your destination, what adventures are available, which ones you are most interested in, the weather, and so on. Do a thorough examination of those specific adventurous activities, including the benefits and drawbacks, how they are performed, special precautions, and how the company is rated for safety.
- Check the Health Risks: Consider all of the health implications for everyone who will be joining you on the adventure trip. Make sure you have no physical injuries or medical illnesses such as asthma, heart disease, or phobias that could inhibit your adventure. Consult your doctor and follow his or her recommendations. Before embarking on an expedition, you should be in peak physical and mental condition. After examining the medical risks at your destination, you may bring medications with you to help you enjoy your excursion to its fullest!
- Go with Safety Gear: When you are preparing for the trip, ensure you bring all of the appropriate safety equipment, such as headgear, knee pads, elbow pads, lifejackets, etc. that may be required for your particular adventure activity. Wear garments that are comfy for you. Avoid wearing apparel that could tear while you’re moving and make your motions restricted in any way. Arrive with everything you need, including a first-aid kit, sunscreen, maps, sunglasses, hats, plenty of water, and snacks.
- Follow Instructions: Listen to and follow all of the directions given by the adventure guide, ask all questions you have, and be prepared with a clear head.
- Try a Group Trip: Enjoy the adventure in a group, rather than alone. In the event of an emergency, having others around you may feel more comfortable as you trek into unknown territory or if you’re attempting a new way of adventuring.
- Stay Focused: Refrain from taking photographs or films of yourself or others while actively participating in the adventurous activity. Wait until there is a photo-safe moment to capture your event. Concentrate, appreciate, and really immerse yourself in the experience.
Book Your Safe Adventure with Above and Beyond Alaska
When planning your Juneau trip, check out our adventures offered by Above and Beyond Alaska! We can help you see Juneau’s beautiful scenery, search for aquatic creatures, or look for bears and local wildlife. We provide professionally-guided excursions for those who like to be led by an expert. We also offer equipment rentals for those who prefer to explore on their own.
Above and Beyond Alaska lives up to our name with excursions suitable for adventurers of all levels. Call us today to find out how we can help you create lasting memories on your Juneau vacation!