Alaska Seaplane Adventures
In 2022, Alaska Seaplanes brought Above and Beyond Alaska into its company family. Above and Beyond Alaska, or ABAK, was established in 2002 and has grown into a top rated guiding company in the Juneau area. ABAK specializes in small group, high quality wilderness adventures to experience glaciers, bears, and whales.
In partnership with Alaska Seaplanes, we offer spectacular bear and glacier tours where you can journey into Fortress of the Bears or explore an Ice Age Wilderness. From shores of Admiralty and Chichagof Island to the Juneau Icefield, take a flight in a seaplane to some of the most sought-after destinations in Alaska with a professional guide.
Interested in a tour? We are happy to assist. Please email, call, or live chat with us!
Waterfall Creek Brown Bear Viewing
- Scenic 30-minute floatplane flight to Waterfall Creek – Be sure to have your camera ready as you glide over amazing landscapes and look out for marine wildlife below before touching down at Waterfall Creek.
- Follow your guide on a short hike to the viewing area, overlooking a beautiful waterfall – This is a relatively unknown, remote wilderness location that provides unmatched brown bear viewing during the peak of the salmon run, late July-August.
- Observe brown bears catching salmon in the waterfall and rapids – Brown bears may be seen at any time while ashore. The guide will direct to the best spots for viewing and photography.
Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing
- Scenic 30-minute floatplane flight to Pack Creek Bear Sanctuary – Be sure to have your camera ready as you glide over the Tongass National Forest and look out for brown bears along shoreline before touching down in Pack Creek.
- Follow your guide to the viewing spit or observation tower – This pristine environment is located on Admiralty Island, home to the highest concentration of brown bears in the world! Brown bear viewing is best mid-May – mid-June and during the peak of the salmon run, late July-August.
- Observe brown bears catching salmon in the creek – Brown bears may be seen at any time while ashore. The guide will direct to the best spots for photography.
Fly-In Glacier Hike and Packraft
- Scenic 30-minute floatplane flight and glacier lake landing at the Norris Glacier – Enjoy breathtaking views of the Tongass National Forest, majestic mountain peaks, and the Juneau Icefield on a scenic flight to your destination, the Norris Glacier.
- Follow your guide to Packraft Cove and begin the paddle to the glacier – This remote, wilderness environment will leave you awestruck as you paddle to the Norris Glacier in a packraft. Exchange the paddle for microspikes and trek on the glacier itself, exploring the unique moonscape environment.
- Hike back from Packraft Cove to meet your plane and pilot – Enjoy the last views of the Juneau Icefield as your flight whisks you back to Juneau.
More Premium Wilderness Tours
Ice Age Wilderness Trips
Visit Juneau’s Glaciers
Paddle with Whales
Dive into nature from the safety of a kayak
Talk to an Expert
Please contact us if you would like to request a quote on a custom trip or need trip planning assistance. We are always excited to help plan the ultimate wilderness experience!