Kayak + Wildlife Viewing + Beachside Picnic Lunch = Perfect Afternoon!
Hiking, Kayak, Wildlife Viewing, Sightseeing
Kayak and Local Food Tasting
$199 per person + tax
We pick you up.
Experience The Trip
Join us for an unforgettable wildlife kayaking and locally sourced food experience to bring the forest alive for your senses!
This all inclusive tour features small groups, a scenic kayak adventure, and local high-quality food and drink offerings, all packed into one six-hour excursion. It is like 2 tours for the price of 1!
Join us on the fringe of the Tongass, where old growth temperate rainforests meet the coastal landscape, for a land, sea, and food adventure!
We’ve collaborated with Alaskan Food Producers from Girdwood, Sitka, Juneau and Klawok to develop an exclusive tasting menu featuring delicious Alaska grown, harvested, and produced creations.
The journey begins as guests are transported “out the road” to a small, remote harbor far from the hustle and bustle of downtown Juneau. As we hike through the Tongass National Rainforest, we’ll discover the abundant flora and fauna of the world’s second largest rainforest. Prior to embarking on our voyage, your guide will teach basic kayaking and safety skills on shore. We’ll launch double kayaks from the volcanic greenstone beach and paddle along the Pacific coastline – keep your eyes open for eagles soaring overhead, schools of salmon below the surface, and marine mammals surfacing for a breath of air.
After an invigorating kayaking and wildlife experience, we’ll return to land and sample Alaskan delicacies harvested from sea and shoreby local businesses and Alaskan families. Our rotating menu can include smoked salmon, locally grown greens, geoduck, Alaskan Birch syrup, kelp salsa, and Sitka Spruce Tips.
Warm your hands around the campfire or beachcomb – our time in camp is yours to enjoy before hiking back to civilization and van transport to downtown Juneau.
Menu includes dairy, fish, shellfish, and nuts. This trip is not advised for clients with extensive dietary restrictions and/or severe food allergies.
The Trip Itinerary
About 6 hours
Pick up from Downtown Juneau
Van Transportation to Headquarters for Outfitting, then to Trailhead
Rainforest Hike to Remote Beach
Take a stroll off the beaten path to our beach-side camp!
Kayak the Pacific Coastline
Launch Double Kayaks after paddle and safety instruction
Picnic Lunch on the beach
Savor locally harvested foods around the campfire.
Hike Back to the Trailhead, Drop Off in Downtown Juneau
Head back to civilization. Thanks for joining us!
Client Pickup Information
Our centralized downtown meeting location is the “C”-Sign, located directly between the base of the Mount Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building near the cruise ship terminal. All clients in the downtown area will be picked up at this location.
Clients arriving at AJ Dock:
Clients on cruise ships docking at the AJ Dock with 30 minutes or less between their ship’s arrival time and ABAK’s trip departure time will be picked up directly from the pier at AJ Dock.
Clients Staying Locally:
Clients staying at major hotels in the Mendenhall Valley may be picked up directly from their hotel. Clients with their own transportation or staying at an Air BnB or VRBO please contact contact us at 907-364-2333 for details on where to meet.
$199 per person + 5% sales tax = $208.95 total
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 8
For private trips of 9 guests or more, please contact us for availability!
Minimum Age: 8 years old.
A Delicious, Family-Friendly Adventure!
Included In The Price
- Professional guides
- Roundtrip van transportation
- Double Kayaks, Paddling Gear, and Dry Bags
- Forest Service permits
- Rain gear (hooded jacket, rubber boots and pants)
- Picnic Lunch featuring local foods, & non-alcoholic beverages and bottled water
Not Included In Price
- Hot shower at the end of the day. But you can book your stay with us.
- Professional Photography – but plenty of photo opportunities!
- Gratuity for your guide: If you feel that your guide went Above and Beyond to facilitate an exceptional experience, a gratuity is a welcomed way to show your appreciation.
- We do not guarantee whale or wildlife sightings. This is wild Alaska!
- Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Participants must be able to confidently kayak up to 2 miles round trip, and hike 1-2 miles in the wilderness.
- Due to inherent risks involved in this type of tour, pregnant guests are not permitted to participate.
- This tour is not recommended for anyone with severe food allergies or dietary restrictions. Certain accommodations may be made for gluten free or vegetarian diets.
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – It is very important to dress to get wet.
- Due to various fitness abilities and weather variables, we prefer clients not schedule other excursions directly before or after our trip. Please let us know if your clients have another excursion booked on the same day.
- Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that might introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip.
- Every participant must sign a Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk Form at the start of the trip. Alterations and/or deletions to the form are not permitted.
Private Departures: Please contact office for private departure availability
Departure Times: Please click on the Book Your Trip tab for updated departure times
Dates of Operation: Apr. 28th – Sept. 30th 2020
*Due to diminishing daylight hours in September, only morning departures will be offered after August 15th
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 8
Minimum Age: 8 years old. Children must be able to confidently paddle a tandem kayak with an adult.
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
- Name of client(s)
- Cell phone contact number of client
- Desired trip date and departure time
- Name of cruise ship or hotel
- Participants’ ages, especially anyone under the age of 18
- Rain gear & shoe sizes (please specify male or female)
- Any pertinent medical issues, allergies or dietary restrictions
- Primary language spoken, if other than English