Kayak + Wildlife Viewing + Gourmet Lunch = Perfect Afternoon!
Kayak, Wildlife Viewing, Fine Dining
Kayak and Local Food Tasting
$199 per person
We pick you up.
Experience The Trip
Join us for an unforgettable wildlife kayaking and gourmet food experience to bring the forest alive for your senses!
We have partnered with Juneau Food Tours to develop this exclusive tour, featuring small groups, a scenic adventure, and high-quality food and drink offerings, packed into a six-hour excursion.
The journey begins when guests are picked up and transported “out the road” to a small, local harbor. After a short hike through the Tongass National Rainforest, their guide will share natural history information, as well as fun facts about flora and fauna in the world’s second largest rainforest. Next, kayaks will launch and head up the Pacific coastline. We encourage guests to keep an eye open for eagles, salmon, sea lions, and whales in this biologically diverse region. Unique features and history of the area will continue to be highlighted as guests are immersed in Southeast Alaska.
As we return from our guided interpretative paddle, we will have a gourmet picnic lunch prepared beachside. Enjoy the ocean views while feasting on a wide variety of Juneau favorites and locally harvested treats from the natural world around you!
Client Pickup Information
The “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area, including the majority of cruise ship passengers.
Passengers Arriving At AJ Dock
Because the AJ Dock is about a 20 minute walk away from the “C” Sign, clients off cruise ships docking at the AJ Dock with 30 minutes or less between their ship’s arrival time and ABAK’s trip departure time will be picked up directly from the AJ Dock.
Clients staying at major hotels in the Mendenhall Valley may be picked up directly from their hotel. Clients with their own transportation may meet their guides directly at the ABAK Office at 2767 Sherwood Lane Juneau AK 99801
$199 per person + 5% sales tax = $208.95 total
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 12
Minimum Age: 8 years old.
Included In The Price
- Professional guides and boat captain
- Roundtrip van transportation
- All necessary paddling equipment & tandem kayak
- Forest Service permits
- Rain gear (hooded jacket, rubber boots and pants)
- Gourmet lunch and beverages – Please note any dietary restrictions
- Kayak Restrictions: Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Participants must be fit enough to kayak/hike 1-2 miles through the wilderness.
- Participants must inform ABAK of all dietary issues or restrictions, whether that is food allergies or being gluten free etc… We can accommodate gluten-free and some vegetarian but do not advise this tour for anyone with severe food allergies.
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – We can’t stress enough how important it is to dress appropriately.
- WAIVER FORM: Every participant on the trip must sign a waiver form at the start of the trip. Alterations and/or deletions to the waiver are not permitted.
- Book early, as each tour will have a maximum of 6 participants.
Private Departures: Please inquiry to make any departure private.
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE – Please contact office for availability
Dates of Operation: Apr. 28th – Sept. 30th 2019
*Due to diminishing daylight hours in September, only morning departures will be offered after August 15th
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 12
Minimum Age: 8 years old. Children must be in good enough physical condition to paddle a tandem kayak with an adult.
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate with No Experience Necessary – Family friendly tour
- Name of client(s)
- Cell phone contact number of client
- Desired trip date and departure time
- Name of cruise ship or hotel
- Participants’ ages, especially anyone under the age of 18
- Rain gear & shoe sizes (please specify male or female)
- Any pertinent medical issues, allergies or dietary restrictions
- Primary language spoken, if other than English
Please note: Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that might introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip. ABAK strives to accommodate various conditions, restrictions and/or limitations and can better do so with prior knowledge of such. Women who are pregnant are welcome to participate in this trip with a doctor’s note confirming the safety of their participation in the activities of the tour.