The Ultimate Glacier Adventure
Up to 10-Hours
Hiking, Glacier Trekking, Ice Climbing
Learn Ice Climbing
$523.95 per person (includes sales tax)
We pick you up.
Experience The Trip
This is the ultimate glacier experience! Hiking, ice trekking, glacier exploration, and ice climbing can all be included and customized in this 10 hour exclusive adventure tour!
Following the West Glacier Trail, similar to our Glacier Trek tour, this is private tour allows guests to maximize their time on the glacier and experience a glacial environment at your speed and pace. The guide will bring all necessary gear for ice climbing and the extended time will allow exploration of the areas where no other travelers can go.
The Trip Itinerary
About 10 Hours
Van Pickup @ “C” Sign
Transport to trailhead
Pile in the van and head to ABAK Headquarters
Outfitting and Gear Orientation
Get you and the crew suited up for the elements
Questions about the gear sizing?
Hike West Glacier Trail about 4.5 miles
Left, Left, Left, Right, Left…
A fun jaunt through temperate rainforest
Glacier exploration and Ice Climbing
Equipped with ice axes and crampons
Tackle some untouched terrain
Hike back to the trailhead
Hope you saved some energy…
Don’t worry, it’s mostly downhill
Client Pickup Information
The “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area, including the majority of cruise ship passengers.
Passengers Arriving At AJ Dock
Because the AJ Dock is about a 20 minute walk away from the “C” Sign, clients off cruise ships docking at the AJ Dock with 30 minutes or less between their ship’s arrival time and ABAK’s trip departure time will be picked up directly from the AJ Dock.
Clients staying at major hotels in the Mendenhall Valley may be picked up directly from their hotel. Clients with their own transportation may meet their guides directly at the ABAK Office at 2767 Sherwood Lane Juneau AK 99801
$499 per person + 5% sales tax ($523.95 total)
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 6; 6 to 1 client to guide ratio
Minimum Age: 12
This is an all inclusive kind of trip. From dock, to glacier and back.
Included In The Price
- Professional guides
- Roundtrip van transport
- All necessary glacier and ice climbing gear
- US Forest Service permits
- Rain gear (hooded jacket and pants)
- SNACKS! Bagel & cream cheese, hummus and carrots, and other hearty treats
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – please stress to your clients the importance of dressing appropriately.
- This trip does NOT guarantee any glacial features including the ice caves. The speed of the group and weather conditions could alter itinerary. The conditions of the caves are assessed for safety on a per trip basis. Entry to the caves will only be included if they are deemed safe and accessible for all members of the party.
- WAIVER FORM: Every participant must sign a waiver form at the start of the trip. Alterations and/or deletions to the waiver are not permitted.
- A specific amount of time on the ice cannot be guaranteed. The amount of time on the glacier is dependent on the group’s pace and weather conditions.
- Participants must be in good enough shape and conditioned to hike for up to 6-6.5 hours, covering about 9 miles roundtrip.
- Everyone needs to wear sturdy hiking boots that provide good ankle support while hiking on uneven, rocky terrain & trekking on the glacier.
- All participants will need to hike with a backpack weighing approximately 10lbs the entire way on this trip.
- Due to various fitness abilities and weather variables, we prefer clients not schedule other excursions directly before or after our trip. Please let us know if you have another excursion booked on the same day.
- Due to the inherent risks involved, we do not permit women at any stage of pregnancy to participate in this trek.
Departure Times: Daily departures at 9:00am.
Dates of Operation: April 30th – October 2nd, 2018
Group Size: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 6;
6 to 1 client to guide ratio
Minimum Age: 12 years old.
Activity Level: Very Strenuous, only recommended for highly active and physically fit.
Please note: Clients must disclose information regarding pertinent medical conditions/history, allergies and any type of restriction or limitation that might introduce a higher degree of challenge on this trip. ABAK strives to accommodate various conditions, restrictions and/or limitations and can better do so with prior knowledge of such. Women who are pregnant are welcome to participate in this trip with a doctor’s note confirming the safety of their participation in the activities of the tour.
- Name of client(s)
- Cell phone contact number of client
- Desired trip date and departure time
- Name of cruise ship or hotel
- Clients’ ages, especially anyone under the age of 18
- Rain gear & shoe sizes (please specify male or female)
- Any pertinent medical issues, allergies or dietary restrictions
- Primary language spoken, if other than English