Above & Beyond Alaska works with a variety of film productions each season. We are hired to manage and coordinate all logistics, scout locations and share our local knowledge of the regions potential, and provide expert guides who perform a variety of tasks including: ensuring the safety for the film crews, setting up technical rigging, establishing/maintaining camps, cooking meals, and assisting camera crews.
Our latest major film projects include:
“Alaskan Bush People”
2015 Fall/Winter Catalog
“Ultimate Survival Alaska”
3 episodes 2012, 3 episodes 2013
Production services we offer:
Our staff has the experience and ability to manage and coordinate all logistics and safety for the production. We can provide all of the food, transportation needs, guide staff, and specialized outdoor equipment for camping, climbing, glacier trekking, kayaking, and rafting activities.
Professional Guide Staff & Assistance
We employ professional guides with top medical certifications in addition to rigging, wilderness travel, and rescue experience. They have the knowledge and skill set to safely guide your production staff in remote wilderness locations around Alaska. In addition to guides, we have staff who can assist in any film making project.
Location Scouts & Managers
Our crew can organize and manage any project whether your production is in Alaska or elsewhere in the US. We have years of experience and a comprehensive pool of resources. In the Southeast Alaska region we have the local knowledge that will help to minimize your time spent searching for the perfect film location.
Whether your company is planning to film a motion picture, TV commercial, or photo shoot in Alaska or in another location outside of Alaska, we have the experience to assist with it all. Please contact us for more information.
Additional companies and projects we have worked with/on over the years:
- Lands End: Fall/Winter Catalog – photo shoot (2015)
- History Channel – film shoot (2015)
- Discovery Channel “Alaskan Bush People” – film shoot (2014)
- Esquire TV “Brew Dogs” – film shoot (2014)
- NBC News/Today Show with Natalie Morales – film shoot (2014)
- Travel Channel – film shoot (2014)
- American Eagle Outfitter: Fall / Winter Catalog – photo shoot (2013)
- PBS “John Muir in the New World” – film shoot (2009)
- BBC Blue Peter – film shoot (2008)
- Discovery Channel/Indus Films “Expedition Alaska” – film shoot (2007)
- Travel Channel “Extreme Beaches” – film shoot (2007)
- Rolex – commercial print ad (2006)
- Alaskan Brewing Company – film & photo shoot for “Live Life Alaska” campaign (2012)
- Discovery Channel “Man, Woman, Wild” – film shoot (2011)
- Good Morning America “Extreme Campout” – film shoot (2011)
- CBS “Eye on the Bay: Alaska, Part Two” – film shoot (2009)
- Canoe and Kayak Magazine – Cover Photo (2009)
- Canoe and Kayak Magazine “Juneau, Alaska – Capital Paddling Awaits in the 49th State” – article (2009)
- Alaska Airlines Magazine “Capital Adventure” – article (2008)
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine – article
- Islands Magazine “Alone in the Wild” – article (2008)
- Travel Channel Wild Weekend TV – film shoot (2007)
- Men’s Fitness Magazine – fashion shoot (2007)
I wanted to thank you guys again for pulling everything together on short notice. The show looked fantastic and all of your hard work and last minute assistance really came through in flying colors on screen.
Chad Baron - Senior Producer WRP Group
We will definitely work on future projects together again! Great attitude and approach to safety, all needed when working with folks in Alaska’s challenging terrain.
Bob Crockett - General Manager Piksik, LLC
The ABAK team was invaluable during our first two seasons of film production in the wilds of Alaska. From rigging technical systems in challenging terrain to organizing mechanized transport to remote locations, these guys can be trusted to get the job done safely and efficiently.
Gregory Rosa - Field Productions Manager of BCE
Above and Beyond were invaluable when we produced the show Expedition Alaska for Discovery Channel. They are a highly professional company, and it was great to work with people that we could wholeheartedly rely on, particularly in Alaska’s extreme terrains. In fact we’d have been hard pushed to make show without them.
Helen McAulay Stewart - Indus Films
I would like to thank you all for the enormous amount of support lent to us on our film shoot in Juneau, Alaska for John Muir in the New World, a PBS Production. The level of coordination was extraordinary; allowing for our shoot to be as organized and productive as possible. Everyone on the crew was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The level of wilderness expertise paired with the company’s experience working with media crews made Above and Beyond the perfect team to work with.
Catherine Tatge - Producer/Director of Global Village Media