Experience the Mendenhall Ice Caves!
Overnighters and Expeditions!
A helicopter will whisk you and all of your gear from the edge of the ocean to our remote Glacier Base Camp on the edge of the Juneau Icefield. Enjoy two days without the crowds while climbing in crevasses, exploring ice caves, soaking in panoramic views, and eating delicious food.
- Fly over the Inside Passage and Coastal Mountains enroute to our Glacier Base Camp
- Climb in a crevasse and walk through a blue ice cave
- Experience the quiet solitude of a night sleeping on or by an Alaskan Glacier
One of the world’s premier paddling destinations, the Tracy Arm-Fords Terror Wilderness lies just sixty miles south of Juneau. John Muir described the beauty and grandeur of the area as “surpassing in some ways those of the far-famed Yosemite Valley.” This expedition allows you to explore the steep fjords, feel the awe-inspiring power of active tide-water glaciers, and provides an opportunity to see how the “lonely snowflake” has sculpted the majestic landscapes of Southeast Alaska.
- Enjoy a round-trip boat cruise through the Humpback Whale territory of Stephens Passage
- Observe calving tide-water glaciers and watch seal pups haul out onto floating icebergs
- Paddle beneath 1000’ cliffs in a glacially carved fjord